Node-BLUE is Homegear’s logic engine. The frontend is based on Node-RED (https://nodered.org/). The backend is fully rewritten in C++.
Node-BLUE adds the following features to Node-RED:
- It is multithreaded and uses queues. No single node can make Node-BLUE hang.
- It allows multiple inputs to one node so it is more PLC-like and less scripts are needed.
- It is blazingly fast.
- Nodes can be written in C++ or PHP.
- There are Python and PHP function nodes.
- Short interval timers are possible and available, e. g. for dimming lights.
- It is fully integrated into Homegear, so accessing device variables and Homegear RPC methods is very easy.